Sunday, April 11, 2010

the start of something new

well, here we go...

i wish i could say that i have always welcomed change with open arms or that i could at least adapt well to it. but honestly, change and i haven't always been friends. sure, new things can be fun and exciting, but it's that adjustment that can be painful at times. two-thousand and nine brought about a lot of changes in my life; i graduated college, got married, moved to a new town, got my first real job and adjusted to the lovely "real world".

it has been a crazy but wonderful year, and i like to think that change and i have become better friends. these drastic changes have caused me to rely more on the Lord daily and appreciate the dedication and selflessness that comes with marriage. changes themselves may be challenging, but it is the fruit that they produce that matters. for the first time in my life, i have willingly challenged myself to try new things. known as a picky eater all my life, i have recently experimented with a lot of new foods. onions, now being one of my favorites. also, i know you won't believe this, but last night the pita boy accidently put tomatoes on my pita and i didn't mind it. shocking, i know. i have also enjoyed the world of cooking and have mastered a few family favorites while becoming passionate about homemade sauces. what else have i done to challenge myself recently? i shot a gun at a shooting range for the first time, and i also took a sewing class and made a dress. surely, i am on my way to being a pioneer woman. ha.

i want this blog to be a place for me to reflect and share with my friends and family what is going on with the mccrarys. i am excited about this new challenge, and i look forward to the posts to come.

1 comment:

TYLER said...

Look at my cute little wife's awesome blog. Isn't she the greatest!?