Monday, May 17, 2010

i [use to] hate packing


what have we been up to lately? oh just packing up our house, moving stuff to storage, preparing for our first yard sale, packing for the beach, packing for the summer, getting a summer job, managing our schedules, taking finals, and wrapping up my first school year. man, have i been bored! {ha} i really feel that the Lord has given me superhero strength to handle all of this mess. for the past two weeks i have been waking up at 6 am, packing/cleaning/pricing before going to work all day where multiple to-do lists await for me. after spending the day with middle schoolers, more packing awaits, along with the daily chores. can i just tell you how much i am looking forward to some vacation?

now i know having a yard sale at the end of may is probably going to make life even that much more stressful, but it has really helped me in the packing process. i can either pack something and move it, or sell it....hmmm let me think about it...SELL! i despise packing and we both tend to be a little packrat-ish which makes moving even that much harder. it is crazy how much stuff we have accumulated in just under a year of marriage! i can't wait to clean out everything and simplify our lives. i am tired of moving around junk and then cramming it in a closet. i am becoming a firm believer in the "less is more" theory.

i am excited to experience my first yard sale and make a little money! my friend jenny and i are joining forces to hopefully bring in a large crowd. the yard sale is motivating my packing and moving and also {hopefully} going to help me get closer to buying a new camera. i am still trying to decide between the nikon or canon route. any advice would be greatly appreciated!

No comments: