Thursday, July 15, 2010

the birthday

23. only my favorite number.
i started the birthday off right with some chick-fil-a breakfast! katie and i enjoyed a long breakfast together filled with hugged nuggies {also known as chicken minis} and lots of laughter.  after breakfast, katie and i went to target so i could get a new watch and by ulta to get some birthday nail polish.  ulta had a buy two get one free deal so it was amazing.
  then, we  met up with meghan at bakeshop for lunch. it was so yummy!
meghan made me hummingbird bakery cupcakes! {a recipe from the best bakery in the world!}after lunch, we went to centennial park and ran through the olympic rings with all the children of atlanta. it was a first and it was fun.
trying not to get soaked.
then, we went to the up-and-coming atlanta beltline.  they are in the process of making the old railroad into a walking trail filled with art.  it will be so cool once they finish!

being artsy with the art.

enjoying the grass.

next, we went to piedmont park and played like little girls.

jump if it's your birthday.

our final stop was to king of pop's popsicle stand. i got peach and it was delicious!
perfect on a hot july day.

katie got mango and loved it.

it was such a wonderful birthday! i also met two people whose birthday was also today.  let me just say i am a magnet for july 15ers.  i think my count is up to about 10 now of people i know with my birthday and  i love it! before dinner, i enjoyed opening all the cards that i had been saving this week and hearing from sweet family and friends.  then for dinner, tyler took me to murphy's, an amazing restaurant in virginia highlands.  the service was wonderful and they even wrote happy birthday in chocolate on my dessert plate and stuck a candle in it for me.  i think the best way to say happy birthday is always in chocolate. it was such a blessed day, filled with love and joy.  it definitely exceeded my expectations! thanks friends, hubby, and fam for making me feel so loved. 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! It sounds like it was a good one

kmac said...

thank you so much Michelle! it was great!

Shealy said...

Oh my gosh.... Y'all are so much fun. Wish I'd known it was your bday!!! Happy late birthday :)