Friday, July 23, 2010

summer is ticking away...


so i got this wonderful new watch for my birthday. well, i really just bought it for myself on my birthday. i had been in the market for a new watch since my fossil's battery died once again. i am one of those people who has to have a watch on. it kills me when i don't know the time. you might be thinking, just check your phone! but that would require me to have my phone on me 24-7 which is not realistic. so, time to buy a watch, but which one? well, i knew i wanted a watch that had a leather band and wasn't expensive. after some searching, i found this little girl at target and fell in love. she is a classic timex and can even indiglo {yep, just made that a verb}. the only problem with her?? she ticks so dang loud that it can send me into a panic attack {not really, this is exaggeration}. tick. tick. tick. tick. tick. if there is no background noise, this tick can get extremely loud. i have to take it off when i pray or have my quiet time, because it starts to stress me out. moments are slipping by and suddenly i feel old. why is it that as you get older years just go by even faster? i can remember being like six and wondering if summer was ever going to end {granted this was back in the day when summer was 3 months long..thank you august}. two days ago i filled in my calendar with georgia and auburn's football schedules and i am suddenly ready to carve a pumpkin. so in a desperate attempt to keep summer alive, yesterday on my day off i soaked up some rays at the pool with some friends. had not been to the pool since mid-june. what?! i am disappointed in myself. and i miss tampa.


yesterday i also painted my toes. i used one of my new colors, opi's opi on collins ave. the bright coral color is so fun. {the other two colors i recently bought were dutch tulips and you don't know jacques. buy 2 get 1 free at ulta!}

the pool was very relaxing and fun until this guy came along. i was just minding my own business and this huge bee appeared in my hair. he kept crawling all over my head thinking that he had just found his new home. now, my hair was very tangled, but i don't think it was resembling a hive. anyways after dunking and swimming around and desperately trying to get him out one of the girls finally flicked him off. i am so glad i didn't know how big he was as he was crawling over my head. yuck. welp, happy summer!

2 comments:

sforman said...

time for new post!

kmac said...

oh my gosh, i know! i have been slacking...haha. soon, i promise!