Tuesday, July 10, 2012

last bit of our trip to dc


well, i'm finally finished editing our dc pictures! we went a few weeks ago for our 3 year anniversary and had such a great time.  we had both been to the city before, so there was no pressure to do all of the touristy attractions, and we could really just choose what we wanted to see.  the majority of these pictures are from one evening when we walked around the memorials after dinner.  it was so fun to see them at night all lit up.  also pictured below is when we met up with some of my friends from high school that live in d.c. and they took us around georgetown.  after they took us to a great little brunch spot, we went down to the river and walked around M Street and went shopping.  the last picture of us with the capitol in the background is on the balcony of the newseum.  the newseum was definitely my favorite museum of all.  we could have spent an entire day in there, which says a lot, because i usually get bored after about an hour.  my favorite exhibit that they had was the Pulitzer Prize photography exhibit.  they had all of the winners framed, dating back to the 1940s.  it was so fun to see history through one photograph a year and see how photography has evolved over time.  if you go to d.c., it is a must see!  

d.c., we definitely loved you. thank you for being a beautiful and diverse city!   
for more on our trip see herehere, here, and here.






4 comments:

Jamie Bianchi said...

You are looking beautiful, my friend! Happy anniversary!

kmac said...

thank you so much, Jamie!! hope you are doing well :)

Unknown said...

Hey! Looks like an awesome trip! Chris and I are going in the fall. I have never been so I am really looking forward to it. I am glad you mentioned the Newseum because Chris and I were joking about it but now I really would like to see it. Hope you are doing well!

kmac said...

hey michelle! dc is awesome - y'all are going to love it! let me know if you have any questions! hug your sweet boys for me :)