Wednesday, January 16, 2013

after the rain


happy hump day, friends. i decided to adventure out this afternoon and enjoy nature.  our concrete jungle condo is conveniently next to one of the best parks in atlanta. it is secret and hidden and clean and pretty and there are ducks! we have lived here for over a year and a half, and i have only been over there a handful of times.  i didn't really make new years resolutions this year, but i have been thinking about how i need to get out of this ivory tower more and enjoy nature.  thankfully my job requires me to be creative and it pushes me to look at things with different eyes.  photography challenges me so much and forces me to be more observant.  so, today i went out there, to see what i could see. going outside was like a breath of fresh air to my soul.  the constant rain has trapped me inside for three long days this week.  teaching ten year olds without recess is really a nightmare, and something i wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.  so, when the sky lightened up and the rain subsided this afternoon, i knew i had to use the available light. luckily, there were lots of beautiful things to see and capture.  hope you enjoy.  and what's next with the weather?? maybe a little snoooow!      

No comments: