Tuesday, February 12, 2013

sunday afternoon | westside



 happy rainy tuesday everybody. when is it every going to be sunny again? my weather app says thursday. so, thursday it is! as a photographer, i am constantly checking the weather and hoping for bright, but overcast days.  well, this weekend was surprisingly pleasant outside and we got to spend sunday afternoon with sister and her bf.  i always enjoy showing people around my city and eating at yummy restaurants.  maybe i missed my calling in life on being a tour guide??  anyways, we brunched at west egg, and then walked around the westside, taking everything in.  i have been trying to be better about taking my camera places so i can always be prepared to capture anything.  having my camera in tow allowed me to persuade sister to model for me - see more here, and get some sweet pictures of her and her boyfriend.  i am also so thankful for the new picture that i now have of husband and me together.  it captures both our personalities well! and it has our city in the background. a real winner. besides having the camera for some family shots and blog material, it also allowed me to do something very special for complete strangers.  while we were sitting at west egg brunching, a proposal occurred right behind us!  i had my back to them, so i unfortunately didn't get any pictures of the fiancé down on one knee.  i did, however, snap some really sweet ones of them hugging, laughing, and looking at the engagement ring.  it was such an honor to capture that moment - and the bride-to-be was convinced that her future groom had it all staged! it was great. reason #348,209 why i love my job.

1 comment:

Tara O'Leary said...

Great pictures!! You are very talented, Kathryn. I am glad to see you, Tyler, & Anna Lynn so happy :) Love you!