Monday, April 26, 2010

baby steps


one day, i want to have a garden. yes, a garden.  i want to grow my own onions, tomatoes, cucumbers, everything.  spring has sprung and a ton of our friends are planting and pruning away.  tyler keeps reminding me that our sweet little rental is definitely not an ideal setting for our first garden.  also, our upcoming move to the city doesn't make for good timing.  the garden will just have to wait until we get a little more settled.  all that aside, i couldn't resist buying this little growing kit at target.  the kit came with a mini pot, soil, and lots of tiny strawberry seeds.  the price was just right at one dollar!  i know it's not much, but i am really excited about it.  baby steps, people.  not only is this my first attempt in the realm of gardening, it is also my first step in taking care of something other than myself.  should be interesting.  maybe if this is successful, tyler will buy me a fish. just maybe.   

No comments: