Friday, May 27, 2011

the ends are beginning

school is officially over and room b111 will no longer be my home. so surreal to move out of my classroom and say good bye to the leopard hall. i took this picture of my classroom the summer we moved to auburn, right before we got married. with all the change that is occurring/about to occur in my life, i keep telling myself nothing will be crazier than the summer of '09: graduated college, got married, moved to a new state, and started my first year of teaching. whew! exhausted just thinking about all of that. time has flown by since that summer, yet so much has happened. i will miss being on the leopard team so much! my team and i definitely knew how to laugh and have fun!
here we are looking so fresh and so young at the beginning of my first year. leopard love to everyone!

after i cleaned up my classroom and turned in my keys, summer began with a going away party for the harts. i will never forget the day i met chane' at teacher orientation and what a gift our friendship was during our time in auburn!
gosh, the ends are actually beginning which is so surreal. ahhh i hate good byes and y'all know how much i love packing!

in the meantime, i am going to soak up every bit of summer! i have been enjoying ellen in the mornings, mid day gym visits, living in my pjs, lunch dates, and pampering myself with a hair cut. what's next on my calendar? oh just a little, okay LOT of organizing and packing! we will be living out of our suitcases during the month of june as we travel what feels like the world. get excited, because i am packing my camera and my appetite!

2 comments:

JBFerguson said...

I am crying. It makes me so sad you will not be my next door neighbor!

kmac said...

i know :( i am going to miss coming into your room 10x a day. i am also going to miss sitting on your couch while discussing our daily problems. i could not have asked for a better neighbor!!!